Healthier Federal Workers
Georgetown University Inn and Conference Center
September 18-21, 2012
When was the last time a meeting helped you
both professionally and personally?
Announcing the second annual Symposium on the Health, Safety, and Well-being of the American Workforce
Join your colleagues for exciting keynote presentations and panel discussions featuring the Federal workplace's most influential thought leaders and policy makers, with ample time to network with counterparts in agencies across the Federal spectrum.
HFW2012 is open to all Federal and non-Federal employees, and all state, local and private sector partners and employers including: workplace health and wellness professionals; occupational health nurses, physicians and ancillary staff; human resources, work/life professionals, benefits and EAP staff; safety managers, officers and other health/safety staff; and fitness professionals, dieticians, health coaches and educators.
What You Can Expect
- Specific strategies for meeting the diverse health needs of special populations
- Ways to link workplace wellness to the family and community
- Approaches for providing healthier food alternatives
- Evidence-based prevention science from the nation’s health experts AND successful strategies for promoting wellness described by your colleagues from around the country
- Methods for using social media to promote workplace health, safety and wellness
New This Year: More Opportunities For:
- Small-group discussion sessions that focus on the issues important to you
- Learning from peers who have created successful wellness programs
- Networking with colleagues from around the country
- Experiencing fitness activities you can replicate in your workplace
And Again This Year
- Fitness breaks after each session, to keep energized
- Group walks and fitness activities
- Wonderful, healthy food