This is why FOH’s Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH),
Environmental Specialists, and Safety Specialists are experts who are highly trained in the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of chemical, biological, radiological and physical hazards that could have a negative impact on the Federal workplace and its employees.
FOH’s Industrial Hygiene services focus on eliminating or reducing the risk of occupational disease and injury. FOH staff conducts on-site evaluations, exposure assessments, and medical monitoring, as well as health and safety audits in order to determine if hazardous conditions exist in the workplace. In cases where hazards are present, FOH can provide agencies with a variety of corrective actions designed to reduce or even eliminate them. FOH can also conduct assessments that help Federal agencies determine if their workplace conditions comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standards. In situations where agencies fall short of OSHA requirements, FOH can provide counsel, as well as resources to ensure full compliance with applicable standards.
Some of FOH’s Industrial Hygiene services include:
- Chemical hazard sampling
- Recommendations to reduce physical hazards (i.e. noise exposures and heat related illness)
- Employee safety and health training
- Injury and illness prevention program development
- Medical surveillance activities (i.e. lead exposure at Federal firing ranges)
- Implementation of engineering and ventilation controls designed to reduce the effects of poor indoor air quality
- Comprehensive respiratory protection program development